How to Quickly Improve Your German With These Free Resources For Learning German Online
Ideally you should invest a few hours a week outside of your lessons to get the most out of learning a new language. Regular practice helps you stay motivated and get ahead. By looking at all 4 skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) you can always find something to focus on.
In this blog post on Links and Resources for Learning German Online I try to give you some ideas and introduce you to some useful apps on how to expand your knowledge of German daily. This list will be constantly updated, so keep coming back. All resources I mention are free (or otherwise stated).
If you are also learning English, head over to my list of incredible useful links and resources on learning English online.
- http://www.german-grammar.de: German Grammar explained in English
- http://www.schubert-verlag.de: Online exercises and worksheets A1-C2
- http://www.dw.de/deutsch-lernen/nachrichten/: News in German spoken slowly, B2-C1
- http://www.cornelsen.de: Placement Test A1-B1 with immediate result in pdf
- http://www.sprachnachweis.de/sprachnachweis/pruefungen-beschreibung: Answers all your questions regarding official German exams
- http://www.dw.de/noch-mehr-märchen-aus-aller-welt: Animated films: 22 fairy tales from all over the world, mp4
- http://slowgerman.com: Podcast, short episodes dealing with everyday life in Germany
- http://leicht-deutsch-lernen.com or http://learn-german-easily.com: Learn basic German through the Story Telling Method by Lucas Kern
- Deutsch für dich: Community of international learners of German. Great exchange, excellent materials.
- https://www.studying-in-germany.org: Comprehensive site with information on studying in Germany and also a complete beginner’s guide to learning German fast!
- Learn German with Jenny: Jenny has developed an app to learn German (not free, subscription) but she has an amazing set of videos that will help you learn German from level A1-B2. She has great pronunciation and will really help you improve.