The personal pronoun “they” is Merriam- Webster’s word of the year 2019! Surprised how such a common word would get so much fame and attention? Now you can also use “they” in the singular, when you don’t want to refer to “he” or “she.” This is especially handy for people whose gender identity is nonbinary.
Want to find out more about this choice and the runners-up? Do you agree with the choices?
Latest Blog Posts
- Best Ways to Learn VocabularyJuly 4, 2021 - 2:37 pm
- How to Improve Your MemoryDecember 10, 2019 - 11:59 am
- Word of the Year 2019December 10, 2019 - 11:47 am
- Most Helpful Links for Language LearnersNovember 10, 2019 - 4:33 pm
- All You Need to Know about Moving to GermanyMay 28, 2019 - 11:59 am
- Ultimate Resources for ESL TeachersSeptember 20, 2018 - 10:00 am
- Practical and Free Resources for Learning English OnlineSeptember 5, 2018 - 8:25 pm
- Around the World – List of All Countries Visited
- Convincing and honest feedback from learners like you
- Demystifying the Germans
- Easiest Way to Get Free German Lessons Online
- Get in Touch
- Goal oriented tutoring for German and English
- Imprint and Disclaimer
- Learn English via Skype – Personal and Effective
- Learn German via Skype – Flexible and Effective
- Meet Nina Buschmann – Your #1 Language and Travel Expert
- Prices, Payment Info & Booking
- Teach! Learn! Travel! Blog
- Traveling Alone as a Woman – You can do it!